Mould making and casting workshops provide students with hands on experience creating a mould of your chosen sculpture.
From private one on one lessons to school groups, workshops can be tailored to suit. Materials are provided for you to use as we cover the best methods for creating a mould using the appropriate silicones for your object.
WORKSHOPS FOR SCHOOLS
Interested in running workshops in your school? I offer on site moulding and casting workshops for school groups. Workshops can be tailored to work alongside the curriculum. Please get in touch for a quote and to arrange workshops for your group.
GIFT CERTIFICATES AVAILABLE
Looking for a unique present? Gift Certificates can be used across a range of CTW services including one on one private lessons.
PREVIOUS WORKSHOP EXAMPLES
Beginner mould making: The “Poured Mould’’ technique
Duration: 1 day
Bring along a small sculpture (H150mm x W80mm or smaller) and in this one day class we will cover:
- How to make a moulding box out of common household products
- How to set up a small sculpture for best casting outcomes
- Learning about appropriate silicones and how to mix and pour a mould
- Creating a resin cast from your mould to take home.
Intermediate mould making: The “Painted Mould” technique
Duration: 3 days
In this 3 day class, you will bring along your approx. 200-500mm sculpture.
- You will set up the mould for best casting outcomes.
- You will learn how to apply multiple layers of silicone to build up a painted mould.
- You will learn how to make a multi part, plaster casting to support your mould.
- You will learn how to ‘crack’ the mould and cut it open to allow for good casting.
Life casting: Face mould and cast
Duration: 1 day
In teams of two, we will learn the ins and outs of life casting.
- We will learn about skin safe moulding products, safety procedures, and other important factors when taking a face cast.
- We will each create a face mould; and then a plaster cast.
This class may be of particular interest to those interested in prosthetics as the cast can be used as a base to fit re usable makeup onto.